University of Liverpool
About the University of Liverpool
A member of the prestigious Russell Group of 24 research-led universities in the UK, the University of Liverpool has been associated with eight Nobel Prize winners since its foundation in 1881.
Today, in partnership with e-learning experts Laureate Online Education, the University is Europe’s leading provider of fully online postgraduate degree programmes – allowing working professionals to combine work and study. More than 8,000 people from over 140 countries around the globe are currently studying for masters and doctoral degrees through the University’s interactive virtual classroom. Another 5,000 have already graduated.
Study from wherever you are. Let the University of Liverpool come to you. All the University’s online degree programmes are available from start to finish online. You can access the virtual classroom from your home, from your office, while travelling – wherever and whenever you have an internet connection.
“What appealed to me about the University of Liverpool programme was that it was 100% online. This gave me the flexibility to work full time and to go to school - as well as the freedom to take time off between modules.”
World Class Teaching
Based in Liverpool, England and established in 1881, the University of Liverpool is one of the UK's oldest civic universities with a proud history of academic achievement and a global reputation for innovative research and academic excellence. With over 54 subject areas and 400 programs, students will have the opportunity to learn from the experts across a number of fields in this research-led curricula.
In fact, the University of Liverpool is ranked 137th in the world and 29th in the UK (Times Higher Educational Supplement 2009). Their graduates are in demand where 90% find employment or further study within six months. Eight Nobel Prize winners are graduates from the University of Liverpool from 1902 and 1995.
With over 6,000 international students from over 120 countries, the University of Liverpool has experience teaching students from different cultures around the world. That experience is invaluable in creating online curricula that are relevant for students, no matter where they live.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose the University of Liverpool
Most of the University’s online students are working professionals. They have good reasons to choose the University of Liverpool:
- Reputation and academic leadership – The University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide*. Along with Oxford and Cambridge universities , it is a member of the Russell Group of 24 major, research-intensive UK universities (*Source: International Universities Handbook, published by the International Association of Universities, 2012).
- Online expertise – The University is a leading provider of online postgraduate degree programmes, partnering with global e-learning specialists, Laureate Online Education.
- Relevance – The degree programmes reflect real world global business and work environments, requiring you to collaborate across disciplines and cultures to solve problems.
- Applicable knowledge – apply what you learn in the workplace immediately
- Professional networking – expand your international network of professional contacts and friends
- Teaching – instructors include leading academics with many years of industry experience
- Individual support – from your instructors and personal Student Support Manager
- Personalisation – Specialisation Tracks and elective modules let you customise your degree
- Interactivity – small class sizes mean your ideas are constantly challenged
- Flexibility – the100% online learning environment means you can fit your degree into your work and personal life
University of Liverpool Management School
“Two key points attracted me to study online with the University of Liverpool: the reputation of the University and the fact that the masters study was 100% online, allowing me to manage my time and fit study hours into my work programme.”
The University of Liverpool Management School is a world leading center for management and leadership training, education and research. They deliver education and training for undergraduates, postgraduates and management professionals at all stages of their careers and a leading research centre and consultancy.
As you would expect from a top school, their research and education programs cover all the key management disciplines, including economics, marketing, finance, operations, e-business and organizational behavior.
Their student body is expected to work in every continent in the world. Therefore, they test this mission not only in Liverpool but with their partner institution in China (XJTLU) and their online programs where they make quality education available to working professionals who want a more flexible approach to learning how to solve problems across cultures and international timelines.
With over 120 academic staff, students will have the support they need and learn from academic faculty who are internationally recognized as being world class.
Their academic faculty members are required to publish in leading scholarly journals. However, this is not enough. Insights from their academic research must become available to executives and policy makers and make a real difference to helping them grasp opportunities and solve the problems they face.
The theme of their mission is “Learning to Make a Difference”: they strive to make a difference in the lives of individuals, enterprise and communities. This is the purpose of their research and teaching. That is, equipping leaders to navigate conflicting priorities, deal with uncertainty and make ethical choices – to the benefit of individuals, enterprises and communities.
University of Liverpool School of Law and Social Justice
Liverpool Law School is a world leading center for research, education and innovation in the creation, evaluation and application of Law. In fact, they are one of the oldest law departments in the United Kingdom.
In all of their activities, they are inspired by the University of Liverpool’s commitment to be “world shaping, life changing”. Their dedication to research excellence and a first class student experience are driven by the City of Liverpool’s longstanding tradition of promoting equitable social reform, as well as their own identity as part of the School of Law and Social Justice. The School aims to inspire its students to become engaged, empowered and employable.
The Liverpool Law School strives to promote the social relevance and impact of their work – influencing public debate and policy at the local, national, European and international levels. They are particularly proud of their long tradition of fostering a research environment in which early career and doctoral researchers enjoy the best possible start to their academic careers right at the heart of departmental life.
The Law School boasts particular strength in fields including:
- Asylum and Immigration Law
- Business Governance and Regulation
- Charity Law and Policy
- European Union Law
- European Children’s Rights Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Medical and Healthcare Law
Their students are engaged, empowered and employable.
- They are engaged with their subject intellectually, as well as engaged with the social relevance of law.
- They are academically empowered: the Law School focuses on developing core legal skills which transcend any specific field of legal study and provide dedicated classes that test and refine those skills. Their students are also personally empowered: the Law School wants them to graduate feeling enriched and enlivened as individual citizens.
- Their students are employable possessing the skills expected in a modern professional workplace: their unique mixture of teaching methods, and specialist support for careers and employability, is specifically designed to identify and enhance vitally important transferable skills.
Health Sciences at the University of Liverpool
The School of Health Sciences provides lifelong learning via undergraduate, postgraduate and continuous professional development courses that span nursing, physiotherapy, orthoptics, radiography, radiotherapy, occupational therapy and health studies.
The University of Liverpool has been training healthcare professionals for a hundred years and is a major center for education and research in the health sciences field, with its own teaching hospital on-site. Get the clinical training, experience and support you need to realize your ambitions, now and throughout your career.
Real world teaching
The academic staff is experienced, registered, working practitioners who are continually developing their own professional knowledge and skills, based on the latest research and practice.
They're joined in curriculum development and assessing / teaching students by leading healthcare providers such as Christie's, Rosemere and Clatteridge Oncology Centre, who are all close partners.
This not only guarantees that their teaching is relevant to today's workplace, but also provides exciting opportunities for students to gain clinical experience, within a region that has a particularly diverse patient population.
A great place to learn
Study with University of Liverpool and you'll have every opportunity to hone your practical skills. Their latest facilities include a virtual reality teaching suite for radiotherapy, an imaging suite for diagnostics and plenty of simulated clinical areas.
The clinical areas are especially important because they'll allow you to train with fellow students from other disciplines, in simulated situations that reflect what you'll encounter in 'real world' healthcare.
It's a great way to gain a broad, patient-focused perspective, as is the structured clinical experience you'll gain, through placements with our healthcare partners across the North West.
University of Liverpool School of Psychology
Learn with one of the UK's leading schools of psychology, on their acclaimed undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Liverpool.
About the School of Psychology
The School of Psychology is a place where world leading academics teach vibrant programs to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. Study with the University of Liverpool and you can access a vast array of Psychology specialists including:
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Developmental psychology
- Abnormal psychology
- Forensic and Investigative psychology
Their close links with the University's research institutes, including the Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, as well as the global academic and professional communities, mean you can be confident you're getting the latest research-led teaching.
And because in their teaching they aim to apply psychological concepts to real world issues, such as obesity, drug dependency and policing, you can be confident you'll be in demand from quality employers.
Meet Our Community
You'd join around 700 full-time equivalent undergraduates, 50 postgraduates and 40 staff at the school. Their tutors are active researchers, offering you the opportunity to study under true experts in a variety of fields.
With their strong emphasis on the practical, they’ve invested heavily in facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, an innovative bar lab (to study addictive behaviours) and a body fat scanner (supporting our obesity studies).
University of Liverpool Quick Facts
- The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide.*
- The University of Liverpool is ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), published by Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- The University of Liverpool is ranked 171 out of 400 of the world’s top universities by The Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2012-2013.
- The University of Liverpool is ranked 124 out of 500 in the world by QS World University Rankings in 2012-2013.
- The University of Liverpool has 30,000 students and 166,000 alumni in 178 countries.
- The University of Liverpool is one of the largest providers of 100% online postgraduate degree courses in Europe, with over 9,500 students studying for an online degree globally.
- The University of Liverpool has over 5,000 graduates of the online degree programmes.
- The University of Liverpool is one of the top 20 UK universities targeted by leading graduate employers, and is ranked 18th for this measure in the 2012-2013 High Fliers Survey.
- The University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) is AACSB accredited. This accreditation is awarded to less.
*As listed in the International Universities Handbook, published by the International Association of Universities (2012)