Lincoln UniversityApply Now
About Lincoln University's Work-Study Programs
Lincoln University, located in Oakland, CA, is a private school dedicated to international students and offers an opportunity for students to earn their MBA, while gaining real world work experience. The University conducts its programs with a conscious focus upon the cross-cultural dimensions of learning.
Mission & Vision
At Lincoln University, each student is a separate and unique individual who is respected as such. One of the objectives for each faculty member is to respect and to enhance the dignity and worth of each student. The services provided by the University are distinguished by their specific ability to meet the needs of students who are reaching to their unique goals. To this end, each faculty and staff member contributes to the process of guidance and counseling.
Since 1919, Lincoln University has always maintained an interracial and intercultural orientation. The geographical and historical influence of the San Francisco Bay Area has attracted students from many nations, especially the countries around the Pacific Rim. Accordingly, the university has sought to provide an international setting for its students. The students are encouraged to be intellectually curious inthe pursuit of knowledge and understanding of cultural differences and similarities, and serious in efforts to find solutions to the problems of the world today. In recent years, students from more than forty countries have been enrolled at Lincoln University.
Master of Business Administration
The MBA at Lincoln University is designed to develop broad managerial competence to enable graduates to cope with a wide variety of business situations appropriate to their diverse backgrounds. The Lincoln MBA program upholds a strong international focus. The following objectives have been identified and judged appropriate:
- Use of analytical tools from the quantitative and behavioral sciences
- Coverage of the basic functional areas of business with stress on their inter-relationships
- The building of flexible adaptability to changing environments
- Development of the student's ability to evaluate social, political, and economic values
- Advancement of skills in group cooperation and decision-making
- Development of communication skills
- Development of a sense of professional responsibility
- The multinational aspects as related to all the subject areas.
Lincoln University offers these unique classes in their Masters of Business with concentrations in:
- International Business
- Financial Management & Investment Banking
- Human Resource Management