Australia Sim Card FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I roam internationally with my AUSTRALIA sim?
- No, international roaming is not available
- Do you get voicemail?
- Yes, the service includes voicemail
- What is the charge for checking your voicemail?
- Free in Australia
- Are there any connection fees in addition to per-minute fees?
- Yes, 20c connection charge for calls to non-Virgin Australia phones
- Is there a charge for receiving a text message?
- Can I get info on charges?
- Does it cost to receive calls?
- Incoming calls are FREE
- I would like to purchase a quad band cell phone, does it work in Australia?
- Yes, any GSM 1900Mhz compatible phone will receive signal on GSM networks in Australia. Check your phone manufacturer’s website to review the specifications of your phone
- Does the sim card expire?
Yes, 90 days after activation. Add more airtime to further extend validity.
After 90 consecutive days of zero balance with no calls made/received, your sim card will expire. Maintain a positive credit balance, to maintain your sim card
- Can I purchase the sim card and have it sent to me overseas?
- Yes, we deliver worldwide
- Is there airtime credit on the sim when I buy it?
- Yes, starter credit is included with your purchase, it is applied automatically at the time of activation
- Can I buy Airtime vouchers?
- Yes, Virgin Mobile vouchers are available in over 75,000 retail locations around Australia.
- How do I apply my airtime voucher?
- Dial the network access number provided and follow the voice prompts
- Are incoming calls free?
- Can I send an SMS to the US, China, UK?
- Yes, you can send text messages to any mobile phone in the world
- Can I get call waiting?
- Yes, that depends on your phone, if you can activate it in settings on your cell phone
- Is there a contract, monthly fees or credit check?
- No, there are no extra costs
If you need further help and advice, please either contact us directly