Sample Accountant Resume
265 Fairway Circle • Tampa, FL 12345 • (555)
Recent Master of Business Administration graduate with two years of hands-on experience in the fields of accounting
and finance. Seeking to bring innovative knowledge to the forefront of a company's esteemed financial management
- Time management and organization skills; the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Value high integrity of financial data; serve companies with high ethical standards
- Complete understanding of proper and effective communication; customer satisfaction and problem solving
- Knowledge of industry including audits, payroll processing, tax filings, bank statement reconciliations,
financial statement preparation, monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements, invoices, and
- Experience using accounting and financial software including Peachtree, Sage FAS Fixed Assets, QuickBooks,
Quicken, Excel, TaxPrep, Simply Accounting, ADP Payroll
Master's in Business Administration
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
Dean's List 2007-2009
Fall 2011-Spring 2013
Plummer's Air Conditioning and Heating Inc., Chicago, IL
Staff Accountant Co-Op
- Worked with clients high-profile clients earning over $12 million annually, completing annual audits and
improving business processes
- Investigated financial transactions and uncovered four significant accounting errors that amounted to $8,300
discrepancy in A/R & A/P accounts
- Cut processing time of generating invoices down by approximately 12 percent
- Conducted processing tests within the shipping, sales, payroll and inventory operations to secure accuracy and
Fall 2009-Spring 2011
Williams and Birksons LLC, Tampa, FL
- Oversaw accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll departments
- Generated budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis and presented pertinent information to management team
- Administered payroll function for 140 employees on a weekly basis
- Monitored and recorded company expenses for annual ROI report
Fall 2007-Fall 2008
University of Tampa, Tampa, FL Student Assistant
- Established strong professional relationships with university intra-department professors
- Created visual and audio media used in numerous Accountancy 202 lectures
Sample Accountant Resume
This resume is an example of an accountant with entry-level experience applying for a financial management position.
As a recent college graduate, employers will not expect you to have a ton of experience, so starting your resume
with a focused objective is the way to go… as long as you keep it down to two lines or less. If you need to take
up space, try adding larger, boldfaced section headers to give your resume structure as well as a nice layout.
- Adding a Core Attributes section near the top of your resume is also a great idea if you’re lacking in the Experience section.
- There’s no need to use full sentences. The reader will only be skimming your resume so start with a strong power word < http://www.internationalstudent.com/resume_writing/power_words/> and fine tune your bullet points.
- Add any software experience you have specific to accounting as well as general programs, like Word and Excel, to showcase your diversity.
- Use as many quantifiable statements as possible. Adding exact numbers or percentages to your resume enhances your credibility and proves your effectiveness in the workplace.
You worked hard for your education so show it proudly. Showcasing a strong GPA will show your future employer that you don’t have a lot of experience quite yet, but you did pay attention in school to earn high grades.
Notice the past tense on all of the bullet points under the Experience section. This may seem like a small detail, but employers are guaranteed to notice. Let’s use the word “establish” for example. If you are currently working at a job where you are “establishing” something it will be in present tense (notice the “ing”). However if you “established” something at a previous job, it must be in the past tense (notice the “ed”).
This sample resume is part of the InternationalStudent.com Resume Writing Center.