Sample Exporter Resume
Award-winning, bilingual, and highly experienced Exporter with four distinguished years in
coordinating international transport, dispatching and routing, fleet operations, and sales.
Strong knowledge of international customs, trade regulations, tariffs, carriers, rates, services, and routes.
Proficient with computerized filing and sales systems, data entry, and inventory reconciliation programs.
Fluency: English, Portugese
Export Specialist and Shipping Coordinator
Floridian Import/Export Company Inc.
- Managed all overseas transport—with cargo values ranging from $2 million to $20 million
- Oversaw routing to ensure lowest-tariff routes
- Coordinated fleet operations such as rationing, fueling, and dispatching
- Coordinated shipments with international trade organizations and governmental agencies
- Assisted in negotiation of terms surrounding purchases
- Generated new business and contracts
- Received Floridian Import/Export’s Exporter of the Year Award 2013
- Generated a long-term business contract that earned the company nearly $6 million in profit over two years
- Increased efficiency in overseas shipping operations—effectively trimming over 20% of the operating cost
New York, NY
Import Export Coordinator
Export Company of America
- Arranged domestic and international shipments
- Created sales and inventory reconciliation reports
- Prepared documents for ocean and air freights for customs clearance
- Ensured all imported and exported items are correctly classified
- Tracked cargo from the factory door to final destinations
- Used leadership and improved communication between the office and the warehouse resulting in a 60% decrease
in overall time between an order’s being placed and then arriving at the buyer
- Introduced a freight labeling and tracking system that saved the company over $700 per month
University of Colorado, Denver
- BA in Business Administration
- College Salespeople, Denver Chapter — Member
Sample Exporter Resume
Given that Import Export is a certain kind of blend between international sales and logistics, there are a
number of competencies a potential applicant can highlight in their resume. These competencies include:
interpersonal communication, transportation dispatch/fleet coordination, resource management, familiarity with
international laws and regulations, tariffs, shipping routes, shipping service providers, and
experience handling, generating, and tending to valuable accounts/inventory. Regardless of whether the
dimensions highlighted are on the business or logistic end of Import Export, the resume should absolutely
favor relevant work experience, with academic history and the like being rather unimportant.
This resume does a good job of not only explaining what she did in her previous roles, but it quanitifies and
highlights the successes by creating a separate “Accomplishments” field. When writing a resume, it’s important
to think beyond what you did in your role, but how this impacted the company overall.
Key Points to Remember
- Focus on your experience – in this field, employers are more concerned with what you did and where you worked than where you attended college.
- Clean formatting – avoid fancy script, unnecessary words and unique formatting. Your resume should be clear, concise and easy to read.
This sample resume is part of the InternationalStudent.com Resume Writing Center.