388 Maple Leaf Dr. ∙ Roslyn, NY 11573 ∙ (555) 867-5309 ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private equity
- Pension funds
- Derivatives Analysis
Icing International, Roslyn, NY
2011 - present
- Created an automated invoice management system to simplify the billing process. This implementation resulted in
a 7 percent increase in revenue.
- Effectively saved 23 percent in project funds by negotiating a contract and managing a large-scale cost/benefit
analysis to install enterprise-wide computer hardware.
- Led peer-to-peer review, performed root-cause analysis on the automation process. Unit testing and
troubleshooting were increased, as well as software performance.
Hughes's Dentistry, New York, NY
2009 - 2011
- Identified inconsistencies in record systems to bring to the attention of senior managers as well as at
managerial meetings, resulting in 4 percent increase in sales.
- Maintained internal databases and record systems as well as provided project progress documentation and
scheduled updates for the company.
- Gave professional advice and guidance to internal procedures, conducting detailed analysis for consistent
Cross Cut Fitness, Atlanta, GA
2007 - 2009
- Provided administrative and customer support for a growing company by attending meetings with clients and
assembling reports on potential investment opportunities for companies.
- Learned how to build relationships with investment managers.
- Investigated and analyzed economic trends, equity, companies and financial statements and came to conclusions
concerning the examination.
New York University, New York, NY
Leonard N. Stern School of
MBA Financial Systems and Analytics
University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Business Academic Achievement
Sample Investment Analyst CV Sample
Much of a research analyst's job requires extensive attention to detail and as such, your resume should reveal
these flawless skills to a potential employer. Be sure to include numerical evidence for your experience and be
as detailed as possible while still remaining brief about your previous job descriptions.
Since most employers spend less than 30 seconds on each resume, make sure your key points are presented
efficiently and nothing unnecessary is added. Include the programs and software you are proficient in and any
past experiences that helped you develop and present job-related skills. Also, be sure to utilize keywords
specific to your company's mission statement and the position's responsibilities. You will want to make sure you
highlight direct experience to the job position – and that they are quantifiable and results-oriented.
Key points to remember:
Think structure - the job of a research analyst revolves around precision and keen attention to
detail so even the smallest mistake on a resume could result in a fast trip to the trashcan. Your resume
should be laid out in the most clean and organized format possible, showcasing your skills from the first
instant a potential employer views your resume.
Watch your bullets - Even if you have years and years of related experience, keep in mind that no
employers want to read 20 bullets of information for one job. Three to five bullets per position are more
than enough, so remember to condense, condense and condense!
This sample resume is part of the InternationalStudent.com Resume Writing Center.