Congrats to our Scavenger Hunt Winner
Melissa Atta from Italy is the Winner of our first ever Social Media Scavenger Hunt and the lucky recipient of a $300 cash prize. Melissa’s name was randomly selected among a dozen or so complete and eligible entries containing the correct answer. Congrats!
The challenge held true to its name and required contestants to visit International Student on our three primary social networks: Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter. To keep up-to-date with the latest international student news and receive information about this contest, be sure to follow us on all three networks!
How it Works
So, how do you win? The objective of the Social Media Scavenger Hunt is to guess the secret phrase. Each day between February 7 and 12, a new word will be unveiled either on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter. At the end, you will have all 6 words you need to reveal the secret phrase. Submit the correct secret phrase on your contest entry and you will have a chance at winning the grand prize - it's that simple!
- On February 7th keep an eye on the International Student Facebook page to receive the first word and find out on which social media network our next clue will appear the following day;
- On February 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th keep hunting for additional clues and words;
- On February 12th the last word will be posted which will be the final piece to the puzzle. If you have been following along you will have a six-word sentence. This sentence is your contest entry!
- To be eligible to win you need to complete and submit the form below, anytime after the last word is posted on February 12, and no later than 5:00 PM, EST on Wednesday, February 13, 2013*
*Rules & Regulations for the 2013 International Student Scavenger Hunt:
- The deadline for applications is 5:00 PM, EST on Tuesday, February 13, 2013. Applications submitted after that time, or prior to release of the last word on Monday, February 12, 2013, will not be accepted.
- Complete entries with correct answers will be placed into a drawing from which one person will be randomly selected to win the grand prize of $300.
- You must be 18 or older and resident in a jurisdiction in which the International Student Social Media Scavenger Hunt and all of its terms and conditions are compliant with all applicable laws. In addition, you must reside in a jurisdiction in which payment to you of the prize money is not prohibited by any US federal, state or other applicable laws.
- The winner of the InternationalStudent.com Scavenger Hunt will be announced on our website and Google Plus page the week of February 17, 2013.
- The winner will also be notified by email.