Work-Study in the USA
Earn Money While Earning a Degree
If you thought about studying in the USA, you may have paused when you saw the price tag associated with your degree. Many colleges and universities have expensive tuition rates, especially for international students who pay out of state tuition. Tuition rates have been growing steadily year after year, and this does not even include the added cost for books, health insurance, room and board, and transportation.
For many students, this can be a hurdle, forcing students to save money for years, rely on other funding sources, or delay their dream of a US education. But, wouldn't it be nice if you could work and study at the same time? Now, a growing number of schools are offering a specialized CPT program that gives students the unique opportunity to work from the moment they arrive on campus.
Work Study Opportunities Include:
- Employment available for international students
- Work during the day and take classes in evenings or on weekends
- Employment with both on and off campus companies
- Students are paid regular "American" wages
- Both part time or full time employment available
- Work-Study programs are available for both Undergraduate and Master students
Curricular Practical Training
CPT, or Curricular Practical Training, gives international students authorization to gain employment training and to work in paid internships positions.