Canada Sim Card FAQ
Prepaid sim cards for those traveling, studying or living in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I roam internationally with my CANADA sim?
Yes, international roaming is available in over 100 countries
- Do you get voicemail?
Yes, the service includes voicemail
- What is the charge for checking your voicemail?
The same as a normal phone call
- Are there any connection fees in addition to per-minute fees?
- Is there a charge for receiving a text message?
Yes, it costs 15c to receive a text message, text bundles are available from $3 for 30 messages
- Can I get info on Roaming charges?
- Does it cost to receive calls?
Incoming calls are free from other Rogers pay-as-you-go customers. Rogers charge the domestic CANADA per-minute
rate to receive calls from others, including international calls
- I would like to purchase a quad band cell phone, does it work in Canada?
Yes, any GSM 1900Mhz compatible phone will receive signal on GSM networks in Canada. Check your phone
manufacturer’s website to review the specifications of your phone
- Does the sim card expire?
Yes, 90 days after activation. Add more airtime to further extend validity.
After 90 consecutive days of zero balance with no calls made/received, your sim card will expire. Maintain a
positive credit balance, to maintain your sim card
- Can I purchase the sim card and have it sent to me overseas?
Yes, we deliver worldwide
- Is there airtime credit on the sim when I buy it?
Yes, starter credit is included with your purchase, it is applied automatically at the time of activation
- Can I buy Airtime vouchers?
Yes, Rogers vouchers are available in over 75,000 retail locations around Canada.
- How do I apply my airtime voucher?
Dial the network access number provided and follow the voice prompts
- Are incoming calls free?
No, you pay the domestic CANADA calling rate for all incoming calls, except from other Rogers Wireless
- Can I send an SMS to the US, China, Australia?
Yes, you can send text messages to any mobile phone in the world
- Can I get call waiting?
Yes, that depends on your phone, if you can activate it in settings on your cell phone
- Is there a contract, monthly fees or credit check?
No, there are no extra costs
If you need further help and advice, please contact us directly.