USA Sim Cards FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I roam internationally with my USA sim?
- Yes, however international roaming is only available in Canada & Mexico with T-Mobile USA.
- Do you get voicemail?
- Yes, the service includes voicemail
- What is the charge for checking your voicemail?
- The same as a normal phone call
- Are there any connection fees in addition to per-minute fees?
- Is there a charge for receiving a text message?
- Yes, it costs 5c to receive a text message using T-Mobile
- Can I get info on Roaming charges?
- Does it cost to receive calls?
- Yes, in the USA mobile operators charge the domestic USA per-minute rate to receive calls from anywhere, including international calls
- I would like to purchase a quad band cell phone, does it work in the USA?
- Yes, any GSM 1900Mhz compatible phone will receive signal on GSM networks in the USA. Check your phone manufacturer’s website to review the specifications of your phone
- Does the sim card expire?
Yes, 90 days after activation. Add more airtime to further extend validity.
After 90 consecutive days of zero balance with no calls made/received, your sim card will expire. Maintain a positive credit balance, to maintain your sim card
- Can I purchase the sim card and have it sent to me overseas?
- Yes, however you will not receive signal until you activate your sim card and arrive in the USA
- Is there airtime credit on the sim when I buy it?
- Yes, starter credit is included with your purchase, it is applied automatically at the time of activation
- Can I buy Airtime vouchers?
- Yes, T-Mobile vouchers are available in over 150,000 retail locations around the USA. Vouchers are also available online 24/7
- How do I apply my airtime voucher?
- Dial the network access number provided and follow the voice prompts
- Are incoming calls free?
- No, you pay the domestic USA calling rate for all incoming calls
- Can I send an SMS to the US, China, Australia?
- Yes, you can send text messages to any mobile phone in the world
- Can I get call waiting?
- Yes, that depends on your phone, if you can activate it in settings on your cell phone
- Is there a contract, monthly fees or credit check?
- No, there are no extra costs
If you need further help and advice, please contact us directly.