International Health Insurance
The Atlas Travel plan provides travel medical coverage for students, scholars and dependents outside their home country. While providing core coverage benefits it also allows purchasers to have the flexibility of choosing their own coverage amount and deductible. This means you can find the amount of coverage, out of pocket expense and budget that works for you.Atlas Travel at a glance:
- Policy Maximum Options: $50,000–$2,000,000
- Deductible Options: $0–$5,000
- Minimum of 5 Days Coverage
- J Visa Compliant*
- Doctor’s Visits
- Prescription Medication
- Evacuation/ Repatriation
* When the correct deductible and coverage amount are chosen. Please see requirements below.
J Visa Insurance Coverage
Visitors on a J1 or J2 visa are required to have health insurance for the full duration of their stay in the United States. If your sponsor has confirmed you need to find a plan that will meet the US Department of State J visa insurance requirements, the Atlas Travel plan is compliant when you choose the correct coverage amount and deductible. Immediately after your purchase you will receive a visa letter to show proof of insurance coverage to the US embassy or consulate office.
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains coverage of at least $25,000
- Medical evacuation coverage of the J1 visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible of $500 per accident or illness or less
A policy underwritten by an insurance carrier with:
- an A.M. Best rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor’s Claims paying Ability rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of ‘‘B+’’ or above;
- a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a Moody’s Investor Services rating of ‘‘A3’’ or above;
The Atlas Travel plan will provide eligible students and scholars with coverage for one year or less. If you'll need coverage for more than one year, our International Student Health Insurance plan can also meet the J visa health insurance requirements for those who are eligible.