Trip Cancellation Insurance
The iTravelInsured plan is a great option for travelers who want peace of mind before their journey. With three levels to choose from, you can quickly compare and purchase travel insurance right online. Let iTravelInsured trip cancellation coverage protect your travel expenses in the event of the unexpected. As you explore the iTravelInsured plan it’s important to view the coverage details including benefits and exclusions.Here are just a few key components to explore as you review the plan details:
- Trip Cost Coverage
- Cancel for Any Reason
- Trip Protection
- Medical Benefits
To help guide you as you explore this trip cancellation plan, below are a few answers to common questions around this plan.
Does this plan cover medical insurance?
Although the iTravelInsured has some medical coverage when it comes to accident, sickness, medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains — it’s primarily a plan to cover your trip investment. If you need a plan that will cover you for medical expenses, please check out Student Health Advantage or Patriot Travel.
What’s the total amount of trip cancellation protection?
The trip cancellation benefit is determined by the total amount of your trip you choose to protect, up to the maximum benefit as stated in the terms. Make sure you explore the brochure and terms for more information.
What’s covered when it comes to trip cancellation & interruption?There are a variety of perils that can be covered such as:
- Sickness, injury or death of insured, a family member, a travel companion, a business partner, a child caregiver, a service animal or pet
- Primary residence or destination being rendered uninhabitable
- Documented theft of passports/visa
- Involved in a merger, job loss or job relocation
- Traffic accident
- Unannounced strike
- Inclement weather that causes delay or cancellation by your common carrier
- Mechanical breakdown of the common carrier
- Evacuations due to national disasters
- Emergency military duty for a natural disaster
- A terrorist incident
- Revoked military leave
- Bankruptcy or default of an entity that directly provides travel arrangements
- NOAA hurricane warning or watch at destination
- Court order to appear as witness
- Jury duty
- Pregnancy or adoption
- Divorce or legal separation
- Travel alert or travel warning for levels four (4) and higher or an evacuation order or travel ban
Please keep in mind that the perils above are not all applicable to both trip cancellation and interruption. You can find further information in the plan brochure above and plan wording. If you have questions, feel free to contact us prior to your purchase.
If I need to contact the insurance company during an emergency, what are their hours?
The iTravelInsured plans can provide worldwide coverage, and emergency assistance around the clock. Whenever an emergency strikes, you can contact the insurance company’s 24-hour emergency assistance line, and have access to their multilingual capabilities as needed.