Personal and Auto Loans for International Students
As the first lending platform to international students in the U.S., Boro is dedicated to assisting students in obtaining personal and auto loans. There are many benefits in taking out a loan with Boro as an international student. Not only will you be able to finance your car and other larger expenses, you may also begin building credit in the U.S. with a low APR. Additionally, you are not required to have a cosigner or social security number in order to apply. Boro is easy and efficient with a quick online application and only takes about 2 business days to approve your loan application!
How it Works
Rather than evaluating international students based on a credit score, Boro takes your academic, financial and personal information into account when offering a loan. For personal loans, you may borrow between $400-$3,000, and for auto loans you may borrow between $5,000-$60,000. Boro also provides a monthly repayment plan making it convenient to pay back your loan.
To get started with Boro, you will need to disclose how much you need to borrow and how long you have to pay it back, or your “term.” For personal loans, you may borrow between $1,000-$3,000, and for auto loans you may borrow between $5,000-$60,000. Additionally, terms may last 12-36 months for a personal loan and 12-45 months for an auto loan. When applying, you will be required to submit certain documents like your passport, and I-20.
- Find your car
- online application
- Upload the required documents & E-sign loan agreement
- Make a down payment for your car at the dealership, and you are set!
- Choose your product
- online application
- E-sign your loan agreement (when approved) and set up auto pay
- Money will then be deposited in your bank account!
You Could be Eligible for a Boro Loan if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Are currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university
- Have a 2.0 GPA (3.0 if you are a graduate student)
- Are on an F-1, H-1B, J-1, L-1, O-1 visa, OPT, or are a green card holder