Sign in to Your Account Done
Forgot account info?

Don't have an Account?

Register Now!

Done USA School Search

Meet Sprintax

You came to the US to study, not to spend countless hours navigating US tax law (unless that's your program). To let you focus on what matters, we’ve teamed up with Sprintax to look after your tax return from start to finish.

Should You File a Return?

As an international student, you are generally classified as a ‘Non Resident Alien’ under US tax law and you need to file an annual tax return (Form 1040NR/1040NR-EZ). If you haven’t worked or received funding, you need to complete Form 8843. Sprintax can help with both.

Have you:

  • worked in the US?
  • received a grant?
  • received an allowance?
  • received a stipend?

If you have, then you have to file a US tax return. Sprintax can help you determine what you need to file, avoid IRS penalties and fines by preparing a timely and accurate return, meet the tax obligations of your academic visa, and where relevant, maximize your tax refund.

Still unsure if you need to file? Read our tax FAQs for more detailed information about forms and filing for international students.

About the Service

Sprintax was created specifically for international students, scholars, teachers and researchers in the US on F, J, M and Q visas, to demystify tax preparation and make sure you are fully compliant with the IRS.

Sprintax is an easy-to-use, step-by-step tool that helps you prepare your taxes online, hassle-free. Just follow the simple instructions, answer a few questions, and Sprintax will do the rest.


Federal Tax Preparation (Form 1040 NR) From $35.95
State Tax Preparation From $25.95
Form 8843 $15.95
ITIN Application $15.95
Full tax Filing upgrade $75 (all inclusive)

How it Works

Just register, fill out each section and Sprintax will prepare your tax return. You will then need to print, sign and mail it to the IRS.

Related Content:

Get the International Student Newsletter!