Sign in to Your Account Done
Forgot account info?

Don't have an Account?

Register Now!

International Student
Study In:

Cecilia Wolf from The University of Tampa

Cecilia Wolf, The University of Tampa

Cecilia is the international student and scholar advisor at the University of Tampa. She has worked with students from all backgrounds, helping to guide them through the admission process, visa and immigration procedures, and to excel throughout their degree program to find the career of their choice.

The University of Tampa is situated on the west coast of Florida and offers 150 undergraduate degree options and 11 master's degree programs. With approximately 750 international students from over 100 different countries around the world, students will find over 140 different areas of study to explore. The University of Tampa was included in Forbes' 2012 ranking of America's Best Colleges and one of the nation's best institutions for undergraduate education by Princeton Review. For further information about the University of Tampa, please visit their school profile page.

If you would like to ask Cecilia a question please post it through the comment box below:

Please Note Our advisors are unable to assist you with finding a scholarship. Please visit our Scholarship Search page.

You asked Cecilia:

Nguafac TendongkengUniversity of Buea

As an actual university student is there any chance that I continue doing the same program in your institution even if it means starting it back from the start? If yes what will be the procedure to follow?
Depending on the school and program you are interested in you may transfer some credits and still spend a few years in the USA without starting all over again. You may want to look into that option. Schools usually have a maximum number of credits accepted in transfer. If you don't want to have any credit and start over, I would suggest you look for a similar program that you could still learn some new things and add to your curriculum. After all you will be spending time and money.

Carlos DavidBayshore High School

If I apply for my student visa through SCF (State college of Florida) I still can apply to other community college with the same F1?
Dear Carlos,
You may apply to as many universities as you would like. However, you should get only one SEVIS I-20 from one university. The SEVIS I-20 is a document issued by the university that you will take to the Embassy for the visa interview. Your F1 visa will have the SEVIS I-20 number and the school name on it. You can only apply for the F1 visa once you received the I-20 from one school. Students should not have more than one SEVIS I-20.

Bennette OforiManager at Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority

Please can you provide us with top 3 secrets that you give to a person who wants to study abroad?
Dear Bennette,
Follow the steps and regulations for international students when applying for a visa and after your arrival in the USA. That is the main point, maintain your visa status. Enjoy your studies while you are abroad. Make the most of it. This is a lifetime experience.

Emma RodriguezTeachers at Euroidiomas Traducciones & Interpretaciones

I'm a Peruvian teacher of a public school and the minister of education of Peru is given many scholarships. I'd like to know if you have any kind of commitment or agreement with the government of Peru.
Dear Emma,
No, unfortunately we don't have any agreement with Peru's government.

Joel DumebiDelsu

How do I gain admission to your school?
Please visit our website at Check out the International Admissions page. You will find all the admission information there. You will also find the “resources” link to other useful websites, such as U.S visa information, Studying in the U.S, and Guide to U.S. Higher Education.

Enuge SmithBiaka HND Buea

How can u encourage an international student to enroll in your school that is financially down but have interest to do so? What are your best suggestions?
Dear Enuge,
Please check out the link to our website. You will find information of financial aid for international students.


Hi Cecilia, Hope you will be doing fine. I want to get admission in an under-grad program major in computer sciences at a cheap school and a place, offering on-campus and/or off-campus work opportunities to students as well. I am curious if you would like to help me in my search and what your school can offer?
Dear Sajeel,
Please visit our website at Check out the International Admissions page. You will find all the admission information there. You will also find the “resources” link to other useful websites, such as U.S visa information, Studying in the U.S, and Guide to U.S. Higher Education. Also, please check out the Financial aid for international students link below.

Khairoviç ChenikharTeacher at Ecole elkhawarizmi

Hello Cecilia I am a student of English and literature in Algeria next year I will get my master degree and I would like to apply for doctorate degree in one of the universities in USA for 2014/2015 but I don't know what should I do! How to apply! Do I need to pass TOFEL test! Any guidance would be great!
Dear Khairovic,
The University of Tampa does not offer any Ph.D. program. However, the visa and international students regulations are the same, doesn't matter which program the student will attend. Yes, you will need TOEFL or an equivalent English test or you may be required to enroll into an English school before you can attend the university. Do a web search for schools that offer Ph.D. programs and also accept international students. Then, look into their “International Admissions” page. All necessary information should be there.

Related Content:

Get the International Student newsletter!