Please see below a summary of the most common exclusions on the global medical insurance plan:
- Pre-Existing Conditions, unless disclosed and approved on the application, or otherwise stated in the policy certificate for the Silver, Gold and Platinum levels. Pre-existing conditions are always exclude from coverage on the Bronze level of the plan.
- Adult routine physical examinations are excluded under the Bronze and Silver plan option.
- Child routine physical examinations are exclude under the Bronze plan option.
- Out-patient mental and nervous is excluded on the Bronze level of the plan and for the first 12 months on the Silver, Gold, and Platinum plan options.
- In-patient mental and nervous is excluded under the Bronze and Silver plan options and for the first 12 months for the Gold and Platinum plan options.
- Maternity, newborn and congenital care (unless the Platinum plan option is purchased - see Benefits page by clicking link above) Note: Maternity expenses including prenatal, delivery, postnatal, newborn and congenital disorders are excluded when the pregnancy is a result of fertility treatment or conception has taken place prior to the start date of coverage.
- Organ transplants not specifically listed
- Devices to correct sight or hearing are excluded under the Bronze, Silver, and Gold plan options
- Treatment or supplies not medically necessary
- Treatment not ordered or received by a physician
- Treatment by a relative or family member
- Treatment as a result of war, riot, or terrorism
- Treatment resulting from illegal activities
- Organized amateur or professional sports
- Services and treatment eligible for payment by any government or other insurance
- Investigational, experimental, or research procedures
- Routine foot care
- Elective cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Drug and alcohol abuse treatment
- Speech therapy
- Custodial care
- Weight modification
- Treatment of impotency
- Contraceptive medication or treatment
- Persons HIV+ at effective date
The exclusions listed here are a summary of the plan exclusions/ limitations and are for informational purposes only. Please refer to the certificate of insurance for a full list of plan exclusions and limitations. You can view the certificates for the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels in the plan brochure.
For more information about the Global Medical Insurance plan, or to apply over the phone:Call Now
For more information about the Global Medical Insurance plan, please see below: