When we take a look at the history of languages, Spanish is one that was first spoken in the Iberian Peninsula as a dialect of spoken Latin. This is, of course, different from the Classical Latin that we see in literature. Today, the most common dialect in Europe is called Castellano or Castilian Spanish. But, needless to say, Europe isn’t the only continent where Spanish is spoken as it is very prevalent in many South and North American countries. With ten major dialects, as of 2021, Spanish is the fourth most spoken language in the world with approximately 534 million native speakers. With so many around the world speaking the language and its distinction of being one of six official languages of the UN, Spanish fluency can open doors for many career opportunities. If you are planning to study and live in a country where Spanish is an official language, it’s a great idea to first take Spanish language courses to achieve fluency.
When choosing a Spanish instructive course, there are a few things to consider:
- Your schedule. If you have a busy schedule, you’ll likely want a course that has night, weekend and/or holiday availability.
- Level of attention. Do you prefer to learn in a group setting or private setting one-on-one with an instructor?
- Your skill level. Are you a beginner, intermediate or advanced Spanish speaker?
- The quality. You’ll want to do some research on the quality of coursework and instruction offered.
- The cost. You might want to create a budget for your Spanish language course so that you don’t end up overspending.
As you compare Spanish language program options it’s important to find a Spanish language program that will meet your needs. One option to start your search with is Lingoda. Lingoda is dedicated to helping non-native Spanish speakers achieve fluency through online and interactive courses. Lessons are available 24/7 and are taught by highly qualified, native Spanish speakers. Teachers will work with you in an individual or group setting to ensure that you can improve your Spanish language skills. If interested, you can read and request more information about Lingoda below.