Tidewater Community College, also known as "TCC," is a two-year higher education institution in South Hampton Roads with campuses in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree; among two-year institutions in the U.S., it is the 14th largest associate degree producer.
TCC is the largest provider of higher education and workforce development services in southeastern Virginia, enrolling nearly 43,000 students annually—the second largest undergraduate student body in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The 11th largest public two-year community college in the entire nation, TCC is among the 50 fastest-growing large two-year institutions. More than half of TCC graduates receive associate degrees allowing them to transfer to four-year institutions; of those, two-thirds continue their education at four-year schools.
International students in Virginia will find an array of activities to enjoy and attractions to visit while attending world-recognized colleges and universities, such as James Madison University and the College of William and Mary. Sites such as the Historic Triangle can give students an insight into American origins and history. Its unique topography allows students to go hiking and mountain biking, as well as lay out on a sunny beach.
Read our full article on studying in Virginia
- TOEFL. The TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level.
- IELTS. The International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test.- GSCE. George School of Competitive Exams, is dedicated to provide guidance and coaching of utmost quality in a scientific manner through a systematic modern teaching techniques to the youth.
- IGSCE. The International General Certificate of Secondary Education is an academically rigorous, internationally used, and specialized English language curriculum which is offered to students to prepare them for International Baccalaureate
- ACT English & Reading. The college admissions and placement test taken by more than 1.8 million high school graduates every year.
- SAT Reading & Writing. These exams provide a path to opportunities, financial support, and scholarships, in a way that's fair to all students.