Computer Systems Institute - Illinois
About Computer Systems Institute in Illinois
Computer Systems Institute (CSI) is a private college founded in 1989 to serve students who were preparing themselves for the demands of an ever-changing computer industry. As computers became more vital to careers in all businesses, CSI began offering short certificate programs targeted to professionals employed or seeking employment in computer, medical, and business organizations.
In 2005, CSI saw the demand to study in the USA from a growing number of international students, and launched the ESL Academy to provide affordable and effective English as a Second Language programs. Since then, hundreds of international students from over 40 countries have studied at the ESL Academy.
Students who study ESL at CSI will find that there are a number of campuses to choose from in Illinois, including the Chicago campus, Skokie campus, Lombard campus, Elgin campus, and Gurness Campus.
At the Illinois campus, students study in the second largest city in the United States, Chicago. Students will be immersed in American culture and American business – and have access to famous attractions including the Cadillac Palace Theatre, the Willis Tower (which has a Skydeck that overlooks Chicago), the Art Institute of Chicago, Buckingham Fountain (one of the largest fountains in the world), and the extensive Grant Park. Students will have a wealth of American culture at their feet as well with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Lyric Opera of Chicago, the Joffrey Ballet, the Chicago Cultural Center, and the central branch of the public library, the Harold Washington Library.
The Skokie, Illinois campus is located in Cook County in a suburb of Chicago, just 16 miles north/northwest of downtown Chicago. Students will find that they can live outside the city, with ease to travel to and from the city - plus, there is plenty to see in Skokie. Events take place throughout the summer; every May, a two-day Festival of Cultures is held in Oakton Park, featuring different activities, food, and entertainment from countries around the world. To learn even more about their new home, students can visit the Skokie Heritage Museum and find out about the area’s history and what life was like in the 19th century.
The ESL Academy’s Lombard campus is located in DuPage County, easily reachable from many Chicago western and northwestern suburbs. The campus is easily accessible from many parts of Chicago.
The Elgin campus opened its doors in late April of 2011. Elgin is one of the fastest growing communities in Kane County and provides a choice for residents interested in city or suburban living. From its four historic districts with majestic Victorian mansions to its many neighborhoods with comfortable single family homes or town-homes, Elgin offers something for everyone.
The Gurnee campus opened in June 2011. Located in Gurnee, Illinois, it shares its home with Six Flags Great America theme park, Gurnee Mills regional mall, Domino Amjet, Department of the Navy, Abbott Laboratories, Hewitt Associates, Motorola, Kemper Insurance, Baxter Health care Corporation, Allegiance Corp. and numerous other businesses and corporations located within Gurnee's six business and industrial parks.
CSI seeks to provide superior and affordable training by offering:
• Highly-trained and professional instructors who exceed standards in education, teaching experience, and certification.
• Quality and practical education in a stimulating learning environment.
• Support services to aid students with cultural adaptation and to maximize learning.
• A student-focused learning environment that encourages strong channels of communication between students, staff, and faculty.
• Accredited by the North Central Association (NCA CASI).
• Authorized under Federal Law to enroll non immigrant F-1 and M-1 students.
• Licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
• Approved by the Department of Education to provide Title IV funding to eligible students.
• Approved training provider by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
• Approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs to accept GI Bill.
• A recipient of the Department of Labor $3MM H-1B Grant.
• Authorized with on-site Pro-metric, Certiport, Pearson VUE, and NHA testing centers.
• A Microsoft IT academy member.
School Information29 East Madison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
P: (847) 463 1277
Locale: City: Small
Open Admissions: Yes
Sector: Private for-profit, less-than 2-year
Carnegie Basic: Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Religious Affiliation: Not applicable