Center for Intensive English Studies (CIES-FSU)
The Center for Intensive English Studies (CIES) is an English language school for students from all over the world who want to succeed in American universities. Our Intensive English Program is designed for adults with serious academic, business and personal interests in learning English well…and fast.
For over 35 years, CIES has been actively preparing English learners for success. Our highly qualified instructors are native English speakers and all have Master’s degrees in the field of Teaching English. We limit our enrollment to 150 students so that we can give you the highest quality personalized instruction in a safe, friendly environment. CIES is part of the FSU Graduate School and all of our offices and classrooms are in one location on the campus of Florida State University in beautiful Tallahassee, Florida. Simply put, CIES is the best choice to serve as the start of your higher education experience in the United States!
What makes CIES your best choice?
- Affordable tuition rates, which include all books, student activities, and FSU ID Card. NO hidden fees!
- Housing options within walking distance of CIES including Homestay
- Small class size of 10-15 students per class to provide you with personal attention
- All instructors hold a Master's degree or Ph.D. in Teaching English as a Second Language.
- Weekly cultural activities and various travel opportunities
- Students from all regions of the world form an “international family”
- Conditional admissions opportunities to Florida State University
- Foundations, Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced (pre-university) levels of English instruction are offered each session.
- 95% of students completing the Advanced level earn a TOEFL iBT score of 80.
School Information634 West Call Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32306
Sector: Public, 4-year or above
Carnegie Basic: Research Universities (very high research activity)
Common name(s): FSU
Degrees & Programs
|ESL (English as a Second Language)|
|Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language/ESL Language Instructor|
|Teaching English or French as a Second or Foreign Language, Other|