MPOWER/InternationalStudent.com Central America Scholarship Program
At Internationalstudent.com we believe in the power of receiving an international education; because of this we have joined forces with MPOWER to help leverage students from Central America to pursue higher education in the US through the MPOWER/InternationalStudent.com Central America Scholarship Program. This means that if you’re from Central America you might be eligible to apply for the chance to be one of three winners in our scholarship to receive:
- Grand Prize: $3,000
- Honorable Mention Prize: $1,000
To be eligible for this scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Central American country
- Be enrolled or accepted to study full-time at one of the universities MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada for an undergraduate or graduate degree program
Be an international student allowed to legally study in the United States or Canada, as applicable:
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant is either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or has a valid visa that permits study in the US.
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant is either a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
Application Process Requirements
As part of the application process students can expect to include:
- A completed application and acknowledgement of communication from MPOWER and InternationalStudent.com
An essay written in English that answers:
- How the applicant has already contributed to creating opportunity, improving the quality of life, and/or advocating for and empowering marginalized communities in his or her home country and/or within Central America
- How the applicant will continue to do so after his or her education is completed
- How the applicant’s education will directly affect his/her ability to effect these goals
Begin the Application Process
You can learn more details on this scholarship and begin the application process right online. Students must submit their application on or before January 31st, 2020 as late entries will not be accepted.
What is MPOWER
MPOWER Financing is an organization that helps students reach their academic and professional aspirations by granting student loans without requiring a student to have a cosigner, collateral, or credit history; they instead look at other factors to help determine if a student is eligible to receive a loan.
Exploring Other Scholarships
If you’re not eligible for the MPOWER/InternationalStudent.com Central America Scholarship don’t worry- we have a number of scholarships available to students from around the globe. You can begin your search for a scholarship you’re eligible for by using our scholarship search tool.