Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations for the Travel Video Contest:
- If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video must describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
- You must be 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country.
- Your video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest.
- The maximum length for your video is 4 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- In addition to the link to your video, each applicant must also submit a fully completed online entry form. The entry form is available here.
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM, EST on Friday, 14 October 2016.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner for the InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest will be announced on our website on 18 November 2016, International Education Week. The winners will also be notified by email and telephone.
- 9. The winner will be expected to maintain a blog documenting the trip. This blog will start immediately after the winner is announced, and will continue through the trip until return to school. Contributions are expected at least once a week during the preparation for the trip and daily during the trip.
- Originality and interest level in the trip, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria. Click here to see previous year's winning videos Use these past year videos to get an idea of what it takes to win, and the variety of videos out there. But don't just copy their ideas - we have seen every video many times, and we know when an idea is not original!
- Cheating during voting for the viewers' choice winner is grounds for contest elimination. This includes copying and pasting email addresses (even if they’re real email addresses of friends and family). Each vote must come directly from your friends and family.