The application timeline will help you plan out your 18 months leading up to studying in the USA.
- Research various colleges and universities programs
- Register and prepare for required entrance exams
- Keep working hard in school
- Consider receiving admissions counseling guidance from an educational consulting company like IvyWise.
- Choose the schools to which you will apply
- Obtain all necessary information and forms for each school
- Take required entrance exams
- Request any forms and information again, if necessary
- Identify your references and supply them with required reference forms
- Request transcripts from your school/s
- Write your application essay (also called a “personal statement”)
- Retake entrance exams if scores were unsatisfactory
- Line up all required financing
- Complete and mail applications
- Electronic Applications: An Additional Note
- Apply for your student visa
- Research health insurance options for your time abroad
- Make travel arrangements for when you arrive in the U.S.